Join as ConnectAID Community Advocate
ConnectAID, the International Solidarity Network, is seeking global citizens and change makers to help engage the wider public in its meaningful work. Our Community Advocate Program is a competitive process through which the most active, game changing and determined individuals are chosen to spread the word of our Movement. In a viral setting, ConnectAID offers you the chance to use your existing knowledge and experience as a bridge between people and humanitarian needs in the field.
We are now looking for new Community Advocates (CA) with a focus on social media and Fundraising, 30% to 100%, 6 months minimum.
Terms of Reference (TOR)
Our team Community Advocates from all around the world play a crucial role in building a global community for ConnectAID, both online and in person. As an advocate, you will actively engage with our team, promoting ConnectAID and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to increase our international reach. This volunteer opportunity requires a minimum commitment of 6 months, ranging from 30% to 100% of your time, and can be done remotely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As an advocate, your specific responsibilities will be determined by ConnectAID’s Community Managers, and will include:
- Social Media Hub: Participate in the management of our new social media hub, www.connectaid.network and actively engage with the audience.
- Social Media Marketing: Using your own social network and contributing to ours, grow ConnectAID’s presence on strategic online platforms such as blogs, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and other relevant forums.
- Events and Event Planning: Attend sustainable development events online as an informal representative of ConnectAID.
- Public Relations: Network with potential sponsor enterprises and renowned public figures who could serve as Ambassadors.
- Communication Strategy: Develop strategic communication plans for our nonprofit Members and provide support to NGOs throughout the world.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Provide regular feedback on your activities, their implementation, and their impact within both the online and offline communities.
- Content Creation: Write blog posts, articles, and communication materials about ConnectAID and its NGO Members as well as sustainable development for social media channels.
- Grant Writing: Contribute to grant writing efforts to secure funding for ConnectAID’s initiatives.
- Fundraising: Assist in fundraising activities to support ConnectAID’s projects.
- Other: If time permits, undertake any other tasks deemed a priority by both organizations to ensure the success of the project and partnership.
• Graduate or post-graduate experience in communications or community management (or in other relevant fields)
• Strong social media network
• Fundraising and grant writing experience
• Fluency in English
• Proficiency in writing and editing
• Ability to work independently and manage a team
• Strong attention to detail to ensure the delivery of high-quality content
• Strong interest in global socio-humanitarian and development initiatives
• Strong interest and ability in social media
• Good time and project management skills
• Computer literacy
• Fluency in French, Spanish, Arabic, or Chinese is a plus
• Proficiency in translation (English to French, French to English)
• Ability to communicate in multiple languages is considered advantageous
• Experience in translation is a plus
Location: Community Advocates have the opportunity to work remotely, with regular communication with our team. Good internet connection is required for group meeting with videos.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in making a tangible social impact by joining our NGO, please send your CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your motivation letter, please briefly explain how you can contribute to expanding ConnectAID’s social network reach.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity that will be validated by our Swiss-based NGO. A signed NDA and code of conduct will be required. No visa sponsorship is available. We appreciate all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. We look forward to the possibility of working with you!